Sunday, June 23, 2013

Planning, planning and planning

When you have a goal, whatever it is, if you want to reach it, it is necessary to have a plan. 

Not a plan in your head, I speak about a written plan, to set your workouts around your existing schedule, and if necessary, eliminate some things who are not really important right now, and focus only about what is important.

So as I'm concerned I have to shred down few pounds and body fat.
What is good is : 
I exercise regularly, so it would be not a problem for me.
I can work hard or very hard to push myself outside my comfort zone, 
Most of the time I eat clean and well : during last year I re-learned to hear my body and all the signals it sends to avoid avoid overeating and bigging etc.........

So, when you set goal, the most important thing is to be honest with yourself and not deny what is just under you eyes.

So this week end was a good time for me to instropection and analyze what's wrong with what I do.

The answer is very easy :
I workout well,
I eat clean,
BUT, I tend to eat a little bit too much fat, not by bigging or eating junk food. No I noticed that is very easy to eat too much fat even if you do not want that.

I realized that when I made the Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Gluten free and Paleo). Just with a recipe's name like that, you just want to cook it. But I asked myself....... Yes it's a wonderful recipe, but as you know that 1gr of fat = 9 calories and when you know that there is in the recipe coconut oil, pecans, and almond flour....... you can figure out that a slice a this wonderful Zucchini Bread can weight a little bit too much in your plate.

To be sure, I used a very useful Calculator and you can ask about servings too.....

I choose to have 10 servings ....... Ooooops...... it's "only" 260 calories for one serving with a total of fat of 20 gr....... That means that only with this serving and without counting the rest of your plate you already  have the amount for your meal........... and more...........

So to avoid a so bad surprise (don't think that I didn't know that, but there is always a difference between to know and to realize/apply and take "conscious" about a fact) I decided as I did last year and until my shoulder surgery in January to plan and cook food for the week.

You can have below a sneak peak of what I planned :











 So from above to the last pictures we have :
Ratatouille (not the movie, but the Oh so French recipe),
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Radishes
Picante Fritata
Leeks and Spinash leaves fritata
Mustard Chicken in "papillote"
Fish in "papillote"
Tofu sautes with green beans and red peppers
Peppers cutted in slices................

With this I can eat until Wenesday ......... Not so bad........ and it makes me gain some time when I'm in a rush......

It's a little step but important step........
Day by day, I improve my strategy and correct if needed........ and naturally re-start to write my meals and my workout...... It's one of the key in my case.

Until tomorrow (visit by sport's doctor.......)



 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job with the food prep! I agree with you on the Paleo treats... they are tasty but very calorie dense and good to kept as "treats" so that they do not interfere with your goals. You may find it helpful to individually wrap and freeze them so that you can spread them out over time.

    Best of luck at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete